JAMES LEE HISTORY
The building that is now James Lee Community Center was first built in 1948 as The James E. Lee Elementary School when schools were segregated in Fairfax County. It is named for the African-American land owner whose son donated the land where the building sits today.
Since the school closed in 1966, the same year schools were desegregated in Fairfax, the James E. Lee School was used for other purposes by Fairfax County Public Schools. In the latter part of the 1980’s, the school became the James Lee Community Center, once again providing a focal point for the community and filling the halls with the laughter and joy of children.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Members of the Board of Directors are elected for a one year term. Annually, the regular membership of JLSP is required to elect the Baord of Directors. Their primary responsibility is the day to day operations of the Program within the rules, regulations and policies.
|Melba Price||Vice President|
|Laverne Henderson||Sargeant at Arms|
|Jean Grant||Mike Harris|
|Cathy Barnette||Ann Thompson|